Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Memories of my Dad

I was watching YouTube today.  I came across Brad Paisleys video of Water.  As I was watching Bill Dance and some of his things that he did in the video I am reminded of some of the things that my Dad did. 

My Dad loved to fish.  Matter of fact that is what he was doing when he died.  At least he went out doing something he loved.  When I was really little I remember my Dad was fishing at a little lake called Crane Falls.  My Dad started to cast out his line and not only did he cast out his line but he also casted himself out as well.  If I remember right he and Mr. Miller Lite were getting well acquainted that day.  I also remember about a year before he died we were working on my truck.  The transmission had gone out in it, he needed a tool handed to him.  As I was handing the closed ended wrench to him I dropped it before he could grab it and it landed on his head.  I was laughing and he was cussing. LOL.  I remember he used to love to tinker on stuff out in the shop we had on the property I grew up on.  My Dad was a collector we had an acre and a half full of crap and I mean crap.  When I left on my mission he had at least 15 cars in the back acre.  And not one of them worked.  He was a true redneck.  He tried to build a trike before he died.  Some of the stuff we found amongst his stuff was drawings on the "perfect" trike.  To me it looked like an monstrosity. 
Its coming up on 6 years since he died.  I miss him.  I was going through some old emails on an yahoo account that I forgot about.  I also found an old blog that I had also forgot about.  The blog was done during the time my Dad had died and I read the blog that I had posted on the day he died and I remembered all the family that friends that were there.  And what a good time we had before and after the funeral.  On my Dad side of the family the only time we get together is when we bury someone.  So we try to have a good time while we are together.  Hell my Dad wanted a wake.  So we gave him one.  It was a bar in Mountain Home called Jerry's.  I watched my Mom's 91 year old mother have a beer in honor of my Dad it was awesome.  Although my Mom didn't like it but it was great.   He died too young he was only 61. 

No comments:

Post a Comment