This past weekend my brother John came up from Oklahoma to see both Uncle Tree and myself. Between John and I there is a ten year difference in age. As the weekend progressed we shared many stories of our Dad, Barney. We enjoyed a lot of good laughter reminiscing about him and his crazy antics. I do miss my Dad. I am looking at a family picture of the family that was taking in front of a dart board that my Dad put up in the living room. I am guessing that my mother was not a happy camper when he did that. John is home from basic training and I am probably about 8 or 9 years old. That photo was taken some 27 years ago. I have reflect back to when I was younger and think about my family. Both immediate and extended. I think about the fun times and sad times that I have experienced with them. Some of the best memories I have is sitting around a kitchen table and telling stories. Whether in Idaho or Oklahoma I have always enjoyed my family, even though some of us are a bit nutty. (me included) Over the years we have lost some amazing people. Not only have we lost them but we have lost their stories and their experiences. I was just thinking of my Dad and when he would work on cars or trucks. If my Dad didn't cut is arm open or smack his head causing blood to run. He didn't do the job right. When I blew the transmission in my pickup, my Dad was under the truck losing bolts and ask me to pass him a combination wrench. Rather than passing it down to him under the truck. I decided to drop it down to him from engine compartment. Well the wrench rather than hitting the pavement it actually hit my Dad on the head. Well I was laughing and my Dad was cussing. It is a cherished memory I have of my Dad and I spending some time together.

No comments:
Post a Comment