Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Thoughts of Today

Its the day after the 2016 Presidential election and the whole nation is in an uproar.  Donald Trump has won an shocking election.  Everyone thought that Hillary Clinton was going to win it and become the next president.  While I didn't vote for either candidate I take a sign of relief because I know that Trump will not take our guns away and he will put in some decent people into the Supreme Court when the time comes. Trump will have a uphill battle during his Presidency during his entire term.  A lot of the American people do not like him.  I hope and pray he will be counseled by some good advisors.  I will pray for him and the rest of the government that will lead us for the next four years. 

The world is in tumultuous times.  Satan has his fingers into everything trying to destroy as many of Gods children as possible.  And he is doing a pretty good job of it.  There is so much anger and hatred in the world today.  As this continues to grow the time will continue to get shorter and shorter until the day that has been prophesied for thousand of years. The day that the Lord Jesus Christ shall touch down on the Mount of Olives and the Second Coming of Christ shall begin.  He will then take control of His world and cleanse it from all the wickedness of the people.  Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that He is the Christ, the Only Begotten of the Father.  I will not be alive to witness this great event so I can only imagine what it will be like.  I glory in the fact that He has came and redeemed all the world so that we can come to this earth and work out our salvation.  While He has paid the ultimate price and died for our sins.  We must also do our part. We need to have Faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and we need to repent of our sins. Then we can be baptized by immersion and be confirmed with the Holy Ghost. These ordinances must be done with the proper Priesthood Authority of God.  By those that have been ordained to the Melchizedek Priesthood.  During these days of crisis through out the earth we need our Savior more and more each day. Its only going to continue to get worse. Satan will eat away at the good and righteous people and things of this world.  Satan only has one goal and that is to make everyone as miserable as he is.  So we must pray always and follow those promptings we get from the Lord.  We must also follow the Prophet of the Lord he is the mouthpiece of our Savior and our Heavenly Father. If we do this we will not fall.  we must read the scriptures each day.  Read, ponder and pray over these words of the Lord. And they will show you the way.  It will not be easy frankly it will be the hardest thing you will ever do. But take heart even the best has had to do this. And as you do these things The Lord will bless you. He is mindful of you. and most importantly He loves you...always.  I have only touched briefly on the doctrine and teachings of our Savior there are more things that we must do in order to achieve our inheritance from the Lord. But we can do it.  I know we can. I have faith in that.

I have been struggling as of late with some things that I have been going on in my life.  It deals primarily not being able to find work.  There are not a lot of good quality jobs out in this desolate part of Idaho. I have put in a lot of applications throughout the area and although I have interview for a few of them nothing has come to fruition. But I continue on hoping that I get a call from one of them to tell me that I have been offered employment.  President Gordon B Hinckley has been quoted in saying "Don't get discouraged, things will work out." I know things will work out I just need to be more patient. 

No comments:

Post a Comment