Friday, April 22, 2016

360

360, three hundred and sixty, 360 that is what the scale said. I looked in disbelief I knew I was up there but I didnt think I would hit that number.  I had a health screening at work that was provided by my employer.  It was just the basic overview of my health. I knew going in it wasn't going to be pretty.  The nurse took my vitals, BP 170/118 the nurse was in a bit of a shock.  She took my BP again this time it was 156/100 she was still in shock.  She took my height and weight and my BMI was 46 which translates into morbidly obese.  I have always been fat. That's right fat, lets not beat around the bush on this.  I am not husky, big boned, or burly, I am fat.  I have always been fat, but this has truly gotten out of hand.

So its time for a change.  My wife and I have tried the Paleo diet before and it worked for us in the past and we are going to do it again.  I need to get active in life.  We went out and bought the DDPYOGA program and we have seen the results others have gotten from that program and we like those results. We have taken up hiking there are some different trails in the area that we want to explore.  I am done being fat.  I am done hurting. I am done wearing a CPAP at night when I sleep.  I am done having to buy bigger clothes. Its time to get my freedom back.  Its time to get up and out of the house and begin to eat better and exercise more.  So tomorrow begins a new day and a new challenge.  I know I can do this and that I can get into better shape. 

2 comments:

  1. You got this Ryan! I have also started blogging,(you will see soon) and am on a health journey. I know you can do this!!!
    -cuz thats got your back ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got this Ryan! I have also started blogging,(you will see soon) and am on a health journey. I know you can do this!!!
    -cuz thats got your back ��

    ReplyDelete